Purpose and scope
Teachers are responsible for the day-to-day management of school time and recreational activities, providing a secure, joyful and challenging learning environment. They take care of the implementation of the curriculum and its assessment for the courses they are assigned. Teachers are also responsible for promoting an environment in class in which Sahaja Yoga culture and values, as taught by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, prevail.
• Plan and teach lessons according to the guidelines of the curriculum and the needs of the class group.
• Encourage students to develop study skills in order to learn more effectively, e.g. listen attentively, persevere, reflect about their learning.
• Organise assessments, prepare and present students’ progress reports.
• Support school activities: supervise children during break and meal times, attend and present assemblies, take initiative to enrich school life with extracurricular activities.
• Know each of the children well and invest in building loving and respectful relationships with them and between them.
• Establish high standards for the children of dignity reflecting in discipline, attitude and care.
• Ensure that child protection and safeguarding of students are given high priority at all times.
• Provide feedback to parents about the overall development of their children.
• Keep the class tidy and clean and promote children’s responsible attitude and participation in doing so.
Education & background specifications
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably a teacher’s degree. Experience in working with children is an asset.
Knowledge and skills
CISS teachers should have:
• the ability and flexibility to teach multiple subjects across different grade levels with ages ranging from 6 to 11 years
• the ability to build loving and respectful relationships with children, based on dignity and compassion
• a responsible and enthusiastic attitude and strong organisational skills
• the ability to work as a part of a team
• the desire to develop and apply their knowledge of Sahaja Yoga education
• an excellent knowledge of English and/or Italian, depending on the teaching requirement.
It is interesting for me to have the experience of communicating with other people from different countries and absorb the beautiful and best qualities of each of them. It can enrich my inner world to make me a more loving person.
It is interesting for me to have the experience of communicating with other people from different […]
What do I enjoy most? The way the kids lift you up, force you in the present moment, challenge you and adore you. Living in the collective is a very gentle way of always being under a microscope. You are constantly reflected and shown yourself by the people around you, something you could ignore if you are not living collectively. I enjoy the trust that we have in each other - knowing that you can turn to the person next to you and say: Help! This is difficult! Or asking to go for an ice cream in the middle of the night.
What do I enjoy most? The way the kids lift you up, force you in the […]
We live like a single body, where everyone takes their part, as arms, legs or feet. The children give real love, unconditional love, and with that they break your conditionings. I feel very fortunate to have had this experience. It is an experience that will remain, an evolutionary step. I feel I have become more mature.
HOUSEKEEPING and KITCHEN team
We live like a single body, where everyone takes their part, as arms, legs or feet. […]
Overcome their difficulties
The most joyful thing for me is to see a child arrive at their goal, after a journey where they had to overcome their difficulties, whether it is in dancing, singing, studying or personal growth.
The most joyful thing for me is to see a child arrive at their goal, after […]
I came to CISS because I wanted to grow spiritually. Here you get pushed into your growth and you have to get through whatever you are facing. Even if it may be tough sometimes, you always get there in the end. It can be very subtle: you don’t always realise it but when you look back you see that you have grown and changed a lot.
LAUNDRY COORDINATOR & CAREGIVER
I came to CISS because I wanted to grow spiritually. Here you get pushed into your […]
Innocence and respect
Living with the children is always a joy for me – a magic world that surprises me and fills me with respect. I seek to be the best I can be, to give them all they need, to be there to answer their questions. I try to transmit to them the qualities that in my experience have enriched my life and the lives of my children: innocence and respect, care and love.
Living with the children is always a joy for me – a magic world that surprises […]
If you want to grow, you should come to Cabella School. This is the only thing you cannot avoid here.
If you want to grow, you should come to Cabella School. This is the only thing […]
There is such respect and support between staff members and a genuine care for the children’s education as well as their emotional and spiritual growth. There is such a sense of family in this school where every role from the dorm staff to the kitchen staff to the administration is key and everyone works harmoniously together to create the best possible atmosphere to make these special little souls feel at home.
There is such respect and support between staff members and a genuine care for the children’s […]
I could never have anticipated the effect my time here at CISS would have on me. For even a small amount of effort on my part, it yields such a magnified return of deep knowledge. Teachers are very lucky as they can learn so much from the children.
I could never have anticipated the effect my time here at CISS would have on me. […]
Enjoy their Innocence
I enjoy most of all the CISS community, it is such a family. You feel at ease, it is more close than just friends: you really learn to understand each other. And then, to be with the children: enjoy their innocence, enjoy observing their lives from a distance, become part of it. See how sweet and caring they are. Take the responsibility to make them grow.
TEACHER & CAREGIVER
I enjoy most of all the CISS community, it is such a family. You feel at […]