Purpose and scope
The English Lead Teacher supports the implementation of the native level English curriculum throughout the school. He/she will monitor and evaluate the quality of learning, deliver teacher training, and support and coach teachers in planning & delivering lessons, differentiation and assessment.
All teachers are responsible for the day-to-day management of school time and recreational activities, providing a secure, joyful and challenging learning environment.
• Plan and teach English lessons according to the guidelines of the (British international) curriculum and the needs of the class group.
• Support all teaching of English by delivering teacher training and coaching teachers.
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of learning English across the school through planning reviews, notebook checks, lesson observations and assessment reviews.
• Advise the teachers’ team on tailored interventions to accelerate students’ progress in reading and writing, in particular for students with learning needs.
• Overview the teaching and learning resources for English, including the class library corners and whole school library.
• Provide feedback to parents about the progress in English language and overall development.
• Support the school accreditation process, in cooperation with the management team.
Education & background specifications
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should have a teacher’s degree and experience in teaching native English at the primary school level. Experience in teacher training and/or coaching is an asset.
Knowledge and skills
The English Lead Teacher should have:
• a native level knowledge of English
• the ability and flexibility to teach native English classes to different grade levels with ages ranging from 6 to 11 years
• knowledge of teaching and learning methods and resources for primary English, including English children’s literature
• the ability to build loving and respectful relationships with children, based on dignity and compassion
• a responsible and enthusiastic attitude and strong organisational skills
• the ability to work as a part of a team, taking the role of a coach and leader
• the desire to develop and apply their knowledge of Sahaja Yoga education.
Innocence and respect
Living with the children is always a joy for me – a magic world that surprises me and fills me with respect. I seek to be the best I can be, to give them all they need, to be there to answer their questions. I try to transmit to them the qualities that in my experience have enriched my life and the lives of my children: innocence and respect, care and love.
Living with the children is always a joy for me – a magic world that surprises […]
It is interesting for me to have the experience of communicating with other people from different countries and absorb the beautiful and best qualities of each of them. It can enrich my inner world to make me a more loving person.
It is interesting for me to have the experience of communicating with other people from different […]
If you want to grow, you should come to Cabella School. This is the only thing you cannot avoid here.
If you want to grow, you should come to Cabella School. This is the only thing […]
There is such respect and support between staff members and a genuine care for the children’s education as well as their emotional and spiritual growth. There is such a sense of family in this school where every role from the dorm staff to the kitchen staff to the administration is key and everyone works harmoniously together to create the best possible atmosphere to make these special little souls feel at home.
There is such respect and support between staff members and a genuine care for the children’s […]
Overcome their difficulties
The most joyful thing for me is to see a child arrive at their goal, after a journey where they had to overcome their difficulties, whether it is in dancing, singing, studying or personal growth.
The most joyful thing for me is to see a child arrive at their goal, after […]
I could never have anticipated the effect my time here at CISS would have on me. For even a small amount of effort on my part, it yields such a magnified return of deep knowledge. Teachers are very lucky as they can learn so much from the children.
I could never have anticipated the effect my time here at CISS would have on me. […]
What do I enjoy most? The way the kids lift you up, force you in the present moment, challenge you and adore you. Living in the collective is a very gentle way of always being under a microscope. You are constantly reflected and shown yourself by the people around you, something you could ignore if you are not living collectively. I enjoy the trust that we have in each other - knowing that you can turn to the person next to you and say: Help! This is difficult! Or asking to go for an ice cream in the middle of the night.
What do I enjoy most? The way the kids lift you up, force you in the […]
Enjoy their Innocence
I enjoy most of all the CISS community, it is such a family. You feel at ease, it is more close than just friends: you really learn to understand each other. And then, to be with the children: enjoy their innocence, enjoy observing their lives from a distance, become part of it. See how sweet and caring they are. Take the responsibility to make them grow.
TEACHER & CAREGIVER
I enjoy most of all the CISS community, it is such a family. You feel at […]
We live like a single body, where everyone takes their part, as arms, legs or feet. The children give real love, unconditional love, and with that they break your conditionings. I feel very fortunate to have had this experience. It is an experience that will remain, an evolutionary step. I feel I have become more mature.
HOUSEKEEPING and KITCHEN team
We live like a single body, where everyone takes their part, as arms, legs or feet. […]
I came to CISS because I wanted to grow spiritually. Here you get pushed into your growth and you have to get through whatever you are facing. Even if it may be tough sometimes, you always get there in the end. It can be very subtle: you don’t always realise it but when you look back you see that you have grown and changed a lot.
LAUNDRY COORDINATOR & CAREGIVER
I came to CISS because I wanted to grow spiritually. Here you get pushed into your […]